Iowa Stormwater Education for Local Leaders
The Iowa Stormwater Education for Local Leaders (I-SWELL) is a concise, informational training designed for busy elected officials & community leaders. In 90 minutes, presenters identify the link between land use & water resource protection to help communities better address stormwater issues and opportunities.
Topics of Discussion
Webinars included in the IGSIC Certificate Program:
- Reconnecting Iowans to Water (Luke Hoffman, Iowa Rivers Revival)
- Stormwater Basics for Community Leaders (Aaron Gwinnup, McClure Engineering)
- Stormwater Ordinances: Lessons Learned (Rudy Koester, City of Waukee)
- Crafting a Stormwater Master Plan (Patrick Beane, City of Des Moines)
- A New Funding Approach: Batch & Build (John Swanson, Polk County)
Registration for the webinar can be completed and paid for online. Registration cost is based on membership with ISWEP. ISWEP City members should use promo code ISWEP22A and ISWEP business members should use promo code ISWEP22B.