SWPPP Designer Certification (ICSD Program)
This is a statewide Certification Program in Iowa for those who prepare (design), review and approve Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs). From the first disturbance of soil to sodding or seeding and everything in between the SWPPP guides construction site runoff control and post-construction stormwater management. The SWPPP Designers (ICSD) program was developed in response to ISWEP member feedback as a majority of SWPPPs submitted for approval were more boilerplate rather than developed specifically for individual construction sites. This Certification Program covers all facets of the SWPPP Design:
- NPDES & GP#2, Rules, Regulations & Required Documentation
- Soil Erosion & Sedimentation Process
- The Three Phases of SWPPP Design
- SWPPP Templates & Supporting Resources
- SWPPP Shortfalls & How to Avoid Them
- Hands-On Class Exercises: Placement of Controls & The SWPPP Narrative
For upcoming training opportunities, including SWPPP Designer (ICSD) events, please visit our training calendar.
- Attend a full day training course.
- Pass an end-of-day exam (typically takes 30 minutes or less).
- Sign the Code of Ethics
A certification recognizing you as an ICSD is issued to those that fulfill the above requirements and is good for three years, after which recertification training is required. As part of certification, your name and contact information is added to a statewide database of Certified SWPPP Designers.