Green Stormwater Infrastructure Webinars
The Iowa Green Stormwater Infrastructure Certificate (IGSIC) consists of eight webinars and eleven hours of content. The courses total 11 hours and content, for which registrants have 6 months to complete the films in order to receive a Certificate of Attendance. There is a continuing education requirement, which consists of a refresher webinar every three years in order to stay up-to-date with new technology as well as existing practices standards and specifications.
Webinars included in the IGSIC Certificate Program:
- Introduction to Green Infrastructure (:28 minutes)
- Bioretention Cells (1 hour 41 minutes)
- Bioswales (1 hour 31 minutes)
- Green Roofs (1 hour 31 minutes)
- Native Landscaping / Native Turf (2 hours 4 minutes)
- Rain Gardens (41 minutes)
- Soil Quality Management and Restoration (1 hour 43 minutes)
- Permeable Pavement Systems (3 hours 20 minutes)
These webinars are also part of ISWEP’s “Certified Rainscaper” training program. The Certified Rainscaper training program allows participants to gain certification on specific infiltration-based green stormwater practices through an exam process.
Registration for the webinars can be completed and paid for online. Registration cost is based on membership with ISWEP. ISWEP City members should use promo code ISWEP20A and ISWEP business members should use promo code ISWEP20B.