- Monday | October 7, 2019 to Thursday | October 10, 2019
- All Day
- Clive Aquatic Center 1801 NW 114th St Clive, IA 50325
Level 2 training focuses on geomorphic design and utilizes the skills acquired in the Level 1 training to develop ecologically sound restoration techniques. Includes outdoor exercises and development of conceptual designs for a restoration project in Clive.
Course topics include, but not limited to:
- Phases of Geomorphic Channel Design
- Multi-Staged Channels
- Alluvial vs. Threshold Channel Design
- Dimensionless Ratios
- Reference Reach Criteria
- Shear Stress
- Sediment Supply & Transport
- Sediment Transport Competency
Featured Speaker: George Athanasakes
George is the Ecosystem Restoration Program Leader for Stantec, and has 25 years of experience working on innovative stream restoration projects nationwide. George has taught at numerous restoration workshops, and worked with the IDNR river restoration planning team to create Iowa’s River Restoration Toolbox. Additional instructors will supplement George’s presentations.