- June 9, 2019
- 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Doanes Park Youth Center 5050 Doanes Park Rd, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
Learn how to make your own rain barrel and manage stormwater on your own property from this “make and take” workshop. All materials and tools will be provided. Be sure you can transport your 55-gallon barrel home.
Location: Doanes Park Youth Center
• Can I make more than one barrel? Yes! However, you must register for each barrel you wish to take home.
• What’s included: tools and materials to build one 55-gallon rain barrel per registration.
• Can my kids participate? Yes! Kids should be accompanied by an adult.
• Can someone else help me build my barrel? Yes! We encourage you to bring friends or family to help build your barrel. Just remember, you need to register for each barrel you want to take home. Registration fees pay for the cost of materials.
Before signing up, be aware that the installation of a rain barrel requires for the cutting of a house’s downspout to divert water flow to the barrel. If you live in a rental house or condominium, make sure you are allowed to make modifications to the property’s gutter system.