JOB OPENING: Resource, Communications, and Training Coordinator
Iowa Stormwater Education Partnership (ISWEP) is a small nonprofit 501(c)3 that supports City and County stormwater programs in Iowa, educational organizations, and stormwater professionals. The organization develops and delivers educational resources and technical services to members. ISWEP also provides training and certification programs for those that work in the stormwater profession in Iowa. ISWEP is seeking a full-time coordinator that would support ISWEP’s mission to “Enable everyone to value and improve water quality by providing education and technical services.”
The ISWEP Resource, Communications, and Training Coordinator reports directly to the ISWEP Executive Director. The coordinator participates in weekly staff phone and conference calls and works independently to complete assigned program activities. The coordinator will organize the brand, design, research, writing, review, editing, and distribution of printed, digital, video, and audio media created by ISWEP for educational purposes. The position also includes regular communication with members and those in the stormwater industry through a monthly newsletter, email training reminders, ISWEP website, and social media. The coordinator will periodically conduct member surveys and summarize the results. This includes a biannual stormwater utility survey. They will implement all training activities in eastern Iowa and assist in the organization of an annual conference. The coordinator will assist in the implementation of special projects as assigned by the Executive Director and provide technical guidance on software used by ISWEP staff.
Travel may be involved in the future for live training events in eastern and central Iowa. Travel is dependent on the status of the COVID pandemic. Work will be remote with some flexibility on work schedule, generally Monday-Friday from 8 am-4:30 pm.
- – Regular attendance at ISWEP Microsoft Teams Meetings is expected along with periodic meetings with eastern Iowa members.
- – Responsible for the creation, design, review, and editing of member’s toolbox educational resources and coordination with vendors in the printing, processing, and shipping of resources. General member support such as customizing and updating resources, answering member questions, conducting research, and summarizing regulatory documents as needed. Conduct periodic surveys through Constant Contact based on member requests and compile results for members. Produce a monthly newsletter, provide social media announcements and website updates. Job duties also include marketing to new potential members.
- – Coordinate workshop and training events primarily in eastern Iowa. This includes preparation and delivery of PowerPoint presentations at events, speaker arrangements, reserving venues and catering, tracking registrations, and final accounting before and after the event. Activities also include issuing participant certificates and updating databases. Assist with the organization of a multi-day state-wide stormwater conference.
The selected candidate would start August-September 2021.
The coordinator will be committed to ISWEPs mission. All candidates should have proven coordination, writing, communication, computer software, website, and social media experience.
- – A degree in marketing, communications, graphic design, environmental studies, or related experience. Exposure to stormwater management, green infrastructure, and pollution prevention is desirable but not required.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- – Self-motivated and excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet set deadlines
- – Experience developing educational resources using numerous media including videos, brochures, websites, and social media, this includes the entire process of moving from conceptual to final product
- – Ability to translate scientific information into educational resources and training programs for non-technical and public audiences
- – Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in giving live presentations and virtual presentations using video conferencing, some training experience is desirable but not required
- – Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe software, especially InDesign and PremierePro. Familiarity with WordPress or related website platforms is desired but not necessary
- – Experience in supporting membership in an organization is desirable. Email or phone correspondence is often used to answer questions and communicate with individual members.
- – Valid driver’s license
The annual salary range is $45,000-$55,000 dependent upon experience and qualifications. Retirement benefits and paid time off are provided. Compensation is provided for mileage. A technology fee is provided for use of home internet and cell phone. Computer and software are provided.
Please submit a cover letter and resume that highlight your experiences. Include a sample of printed materials and links to video documents and websites that you have created to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 23, 2021. Direct any questions to Pat Sauer at 515-210-6619 or via email.