The Buena Vista Soil and Water Conservation District is accepting applications for an Urban Conservationist to work in the Storm Lake area and the western one-third of Iowa. Salary and benefits are competitive. Under general supervision by the Commissioners and day to day coordination by the District Conservationist, the employee will manage and coordinate the implementation of the objectives of an Urban Conservation Program. Activities such as planning, application of practices, information and education and other related activities are essential to the district and the IDALS Urban Conservation Program. Other activities include promotional efforts and collaborating with appropriate agencies, groups, and individuals that affect the success of the program, such as:
- planning and carrying out group meetings,
- meeting one on one with cooperators and sponsors,
- professional and technical duties that relate to water quality monitoring, information & education activities, and implementing of urban best management practices.
- anticipating and preventing or solving potential problems
- Maximizing communication with all Program participants.
Send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Buena Vista SWCD 1617 North Lake Avenue, Storm Lake, IA 50588. Application deadline is 4:30 PM August 25th, 2020. The BV SWCD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.