The City of Ankeny is seeking applicants for the fulltime position of Engineering Technician I – Stormwater within the Public Works Division.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects construction sites to determine compliance with stormwater pollution prevention plans, to advise on sediment and erosion control measures, to note deficiencies, and to maintain project logs
- Investigates, conducts studies, and reports findings on drainage complaints. Maintains a drainage complaint file
- Investigates, conducts studies, reports findings, and initiates enforcement to eliminate illicit discharges to the City’s storm sewer system
- Interprets and explains ordinances, codes, and regulations to contractors, homeowners, and interested parties
- Inspects projects for maintenance work required by post-construction site runoff policies
- Attends and assists with pre-construction conferences and walkthroughs
- Assists engineering staff with research and studies on a variety of engineering tasks
- Assists other departments and divisions during emergencies and performs related duties as assigned
For more information, please click here. Application deadline: Monday, January 20, 2020.